At All Saints School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our students and staff.
We have a supportive and caring ethos and our approach is to be respectful and kind, where each individual and everyone's contribution is valued.
At our school we know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody's business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- Use a nurture based approach to help students to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help students feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help students socially to form and maintain positive relationships
- promote self esteem
- encourage students to be confident and 'dare to be different'
- help students to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks.
Our Mental Health Wellbeing champion is Jo Paffett. All staff have undertaken training in Mental Health First Aid and we have our school counsellor on site two days a week.
Further help and support regarding wellbeing can be found here at the NHS One You page
As a school we have a responsibility to meet the needs of our young people and it is important that we all know how to best approach the issue of self-harm. Below is a link to the school's Self Harm Policy and links to parent guides and details of Young Minds helpline.
School Self Harm Policy - contact the school for further information and guidance.
YoungMinds, 0808 802 5544 (Young Minds Parents Helpline, Mo-Fr 9.30 - 16.00).