At All Saints School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our students and staff.
We have a supportive and caring ethos and our approach is to be respectful and kind, where each individual and everyone’s contribution is valued.
At our school we know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- Use a nurture based approach to help students to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help students feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help students socially to form and maintain positive relationships
- promote self esteem
- encourage students to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help students to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks.
All staff have undertaken training in Mental Health First Aid and we have a personal Mentor Liz Keable who works with some of our students on 1-1 basis.
Further help and support regarding wellbeing can be found here at the NHS One You page